Monday 9 August 2010

My Guiding Life

I belong to an organisation that empowers young women
I help to teach young women skills to become a strong person in society
To volunteer my time
The rewards are immense.

I’ve been a Brownie
The trips out, brownie rambles
Winning the Rosebowl was a lot of fun
I remember flying up Guides, a happy and sad day

I enjoyed Guides
I loved the camping, sleeping under canvas. Marshmallows!
Completing the Aircraft badge, second person in my packs history
I met my best friend at guides and we are still friends

Adult leader qualification was daunting at first
Completing it felt fantastic
But making my young leader promise
Is one of my treasured memories

I’m currently a Girl Guiding Assistant Brownie Guider
Funnily enough at the same pack where I was a brownie my self
I’ve been told it’s respectful
Thing is I don’t think I could have gone anywhere else

Girl Guiding is 100 years old this year
It make me feel proud to be part of it
I’ve been a brownie for nearly 19 years
And still live by the Brownie Motto

“A Brownie thinks of others before herself and does a good turn every day”

No comments:

Post a Comment